Project Solo

Thinking outloud about my pending jump into the world of practicing law as a solo practitioner

Friday, December 29, 2006

Google Ad Sense

I'll write a longer post soon, but I thought I would share with you the relative futility (thus far) of doing a Google Ad Word Campaign. On June 8th, 2006 I signed up to have my ad and a link to my web site displayed on Google when certain key phrases or words are entered (these are the ads that you see on the right side). I set a budget of $30 and selected about 15 different key words and/or phrases. Well, I haven't been back to the account manager until now (I was having some password issues) and I can now report the results. Over the last 5+ months, my ad displayed 2,123 times which generated 7 clicks to my web site (0.32% click through rate) and no clients. The total cost was $0.67. I think the main message here is that Google is ad-words is not going to generate much business for you, I am going to try and play around with my ad and key words and also run a second campaign for my corporate practice and see what the results are but don't expect big results. Here is a link to the Google Ad page to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home