Project Solo

Thinking outloud about my pending jump into the world of practicing law as a solo practitioner

Friday, April 28, 2006

Recommendation: Design Your Own Card.com

I know most people seem to use VistaPrint to order business cards, but I had a really good experience with www.designyourowncard.com. They have a great interface and selection of fonts and papers. Play around with all of the buttons and dials on the layout page and you can see that you can pretty much set up any design you want. I think their prices are a little more than Vista but you get nice professional raised ink cards. I think shipped mine came close to $50 for 500 cards. I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and got the cards on a Monday. If you are thinking of using them, put in a request for their paper stock samples now, its hard to tell what they look like on the page. My only complaint was I couldn’t figure out how to save the design and return later to finalize, there is an option to save but but it didn’t seem to work for me, it may have been that I was using FireFox rather than Internet Explorer but who knows. Don’t be put off by the selection on the front page, just pick a card where you like the way the text is organized (ignore font and color) and then modify it on the next page. Check them out.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Luke Anthony said...

thanks for the tip. I'm taking you up on it...and not using vistaprint. Raised lettering just gets me all worked up.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger projectsolo said...

I just ordered a second set of cards (for my other practice), I think they look really good. I also just ordered the white paper stock and I think it was like $30 for 500 cards plus delivery. Check out the Copperplate Gothic font that is what I used. A few complaints, I still can not figure out how to save a design so you have to be prepared to finish the design in one setting. Also, I didn't see how you can have print on both sides of the card, I think it might be good in the future to list the practice areas on the back (perhaps you can do this I just didn't see any obvious option)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home