Project Solo

Thinking outloud about my pending jump into the world of practicing law as a solo practitioner

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

You Can't Do It

I have fallen off my schedule, I had wanted to get my web site complete before now but am still working on the text and layout. I will post a longer note about how I went about creating a web site but the short version is I used the web site www.elance.com to advertise the project and found a web designer in India who is working with me. For the past two days I have gone to the library of a local college that has wireless Internet access to get some work done, I am not moving into my new offices until this Sunday morning.

For some reason, today was a bit of a weird day, I think I felt the pressure of building a practice a little more today than I have recently, doubts started to sneak in around the edges which has been a rare occurrence lately. Before I made the break with my old employer I had many sleepless nights but after I told them I was much more relaxed. Press on is what I say. A friend that lived in the dorm room next to mine had written "You Can Do It!" on a chalk board (what they used before white boards) inside his room, at the time I had thought it a bit corny but now I can see the value of simple reminders like that one (note to self, you can do it!). Its interesting (at least to me . . maybe not the nonexistent readers of this blog), however, in that when I imagine someone saying "You Can't Do It" to me, that gets me even more motivated.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Luke Anthony said...

You CAN do it. What I wouldn't give to have your age and experience under my belt. I know you've got self doubt--probably lots of it--but you can do it. If you work hard you'll be a success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home