Project Solo

Thinking outloud about my pending jump into the world of practicing law as a solo practitioner

Friday, May 05, 2006

April progress

So April came and went, I feel like I did not accomplish as much as I should have so I made a list:

  • Found office; signed lease
  • Moved into office
  • Found office furniture
  • Set up web site and email
  • Purchased and set up office equipment
  • Filled out content for business blog
  • Hired and then fired someone to give my blog a facelift
  • Started reviewing the finer points of software licensing
  • Sent in notary public application

That doesn’t seem like much. On the other hand, it was kind of a weird month and I am still doing the law practice part time.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Luke Anthony said...

Can you be your own notary? I've never understood that relationship.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger projectsolo said...

Hi Luke,

Not sure of your question, in my state you can be your own notary. Although when it comes to wills there are issues about who can be a witness and who can be a notary. I am, however, still learning the rules. It is very common for an attorney to be a notary here and there is only a nominal fee ( and a short form to fill out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home